Hyo-jeong Lee. Seoul, Korea
I graduated from Seoul National University in Korea with a master’s degree in computer science and majored in scalable techniques on system. Currently, I am working for SK Telecom.
I am interested in followings:
- Parallel Computing
- Troubleshooting with multi-thread concurrency
- Linux/Unix environment
- System performance tuning
- Automation in the development process
- Computer Science Education
- Parallel Garbage Collection policy of Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Memory management of Operating System (e.g., Linux Kernel).
- GPU memory management on virtualized environment (e.g., Docker container).
- Scalable logging technique on Database system.
- Distributed File System (e.g., HDFS, Lustre) and data management middleware.
Education and Career
- 2020.01 - : Platform Engineer at SK Telecom
- 2018.03 - 20.02: M.S in Seoul National University, Computer Engineering, Distributed Computing System Lab.
- 2017.03 - 18.02: Undergraduate intern at Sookmyung Women’s University, Distributed System Lab.
- 2014.03 - 18.02: B.S in Sookmyung Women’s University, Computer Science.
Teaching & Advising Experiences
- 2019.09 - 19.12: TA for Operating System (Regular class), Seoul National University.
- 2017.09: TA for Machine Learning basic with MNIST (Special lecture), Seoil University.
- 2017.03 - 17.06: TA for Understanding Software (Regular class), Sookmyung Women’s University.
- 2017.04 - 17.06: TA for Python basic (Special lecture), Sookmyung Women’s University.
- 2017.02: TA for Arduino basic (Special lecture), Sookmyung Women’s University.
- 2016.10 - 16.12: Arduino basic education, Coding Club.
- 2016.07: Global ICT/Culture educational volunteer, NIA 한국정보화진흥원
- 2015.01 - 16.06: English Mentor at Song-cheon elementary school, TeachMentorChange
- H.Lee, H.Y.Yeom, and Y.Son, “Design of Swap-aware Java Virtual Machine Garbage Collector Policy”. 한국정보과학회, Dec 2018.
- 이효정, 이지완, 양유정, 조민지, 이보현, 이혜원, 김윤희, “A Design of an Advertisement Analysis System using Deep Learning and Opinion Mining”. 한국정보과학회, Dec 2017.
- 오지선, 이효정, 김윤희, “An Analysis of Software-defined Compute Architecture for HPC Application Runtime Execution Patterns”. KNOM Review, Oct 2017.
- Q.Chen, H.Lee, H.Y.Yeom, and Y.Son, “FlexGPU: A Flexible and Efficient Scheduler for GPU Sharing Systems”. 20th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCgrid’20), 2020.
- H.Lee, Q.Chen, H.Y.Yeom, and Y.Son, “An Efficient Garbage Collection in Java Virtual Machine via Swap I/O Optimization”. The 35th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC’20), Mar 2020.
- Q.Chen, H.Lee, Y.Kim, H.Yeom, and Y.Son, “Design and implementation of skiplist-based key-value store on non-volatile memory”. Cluster Computing, Mar 2019.